Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bear in Underwear

Bear in Underwear by CJ Educations
Here is another storybook app by CJ Educations.  Cute and simple graphics make this ideal for students with disabilities.  Different settings for automatic reading or at your own pace.  I appreciate that the animation is simplistic yet intriguing.  That's about all I can say that is positive about this app.  Beyond the fact that "Bear in Underwear" rhymes nicely, it is a creepy story.  Basically "Bear" and his forest friends are playing together.  "Bear" comes across an abandoned backpack.  Instead of contacting TSA, they decide to open it.  Inside they find a bag full of... um.... underwear.  Most people at this point would cut their losses and toss the backpack in the closest trashcan.  Not "Bear".  He decides to try each and every pair of underwear on in that bag.  His friends then comment on how he looks in each pair.  "Too small", "Too dorky", and my favorite, "Too girly".  There's even a pair of dirty ones.  I'm not sure who thought this story line would be appropriate, but it gives me the heebie jeebies and even my children (who are prone to liking odd things), thought this app was "bizarre".  The game offered in the app is equally pointless.  All that being said, I do not recommend this app for ANYONE.  I'd be interested in knowing who likes this app and see if they have a criminal history.  I'd be willing to make some bets.
Bear in Underwear


No comments:

Post a Comment